Company: mProbe is a privately held company with its OncoPlex Diagnostics division focused on leveraging its Liquid Tissue® platform and enabling methods for the analysis of protein biomarkers in formalin fixed tissue and the development and commercialization of personalized medicine assays supporting cancer drug development and as clinical diagnostic assays. The company has developed a platform of proprietary technologies that make possible the accurate measurement of proteins in formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, the standard method used to preserve and store biopsies and surgical samples in medical research, clinical trials and pathology testing worldwide. OncoPlexDx has commercialized mass spectrometry based FFPE tissue protein quantitation assay services in support of pre-clinical drug development and in clinical trials of new cancer drugs. OncoPlexDx offers proprietary clinical pathology assays that is offered through its CAP accredited, CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory services.
Position: The Director, Strategic Sales will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client business and in developing new relationships with Pharmaceutical and biotech companies. S/he will have a lead role in driving the sales strategies and in growing the Company’s pharma business to generate revenue. This will also be responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly and yearly sales quotas and provide customer feedback to improve OPDX products and offerings to best meet market demands. The position will report to the CEO.
The Company’s corporate headquarters are located in California, however this position can be a remote based role.
- Account development – identify and cultivate targeted new accounts, follow up on leads and prospects, maintain ongoing contacts with new and existing accounts, develop specific business proposals, lead the drafting of proposals and quotations, assume primary responsibility for revenue projections and updates and internal planning and coordination with clinical operations and general management.
- Sales – Organize web-based and in-person customer visits, seminars and proposal development meetings, drawing in and coordinating with applicable personnel in the company as well as with respect to the appropriate decision makers and support personnel at the account.
- Strategic Planning – Develop overall strategies and tactical plans in support of revenue development within assigned responsibilities.
- Initiate new company contacts within pharmaceutical companies as well as academic and related institutes.
- Build and leverage existing strategic networks and business relationships. Manage customer relations/satisfaction throughout collaboration including site visits.
- Provide a direct, “hands-on” role to identify opportunities, and create contacts and interest with senior academic investigators, community oncology practitioners and program managers.
- Work with CEO to create and execute a business development plan and account management process with ability to project revenue growth and track progress in generating new accounts and expanding business in existing relationships.
- Report progress on a regular basis, associated with the acquisition of new opportunities for new and existing accounts.
- Participate in company initiatives as required for securing new business and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Attend and represent OncoPlexDx at selected industry meetings and conferences.
- Structure relationships in which the company captures milestone fees for development of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics.
- While the position is expected to initially involve a significant individual contribution utilizing support from the company’s existing marketing, operations and R&D management, the individual will be expected, long term, to plan and build a team to generate and support continued business growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific or technical discipline, advanced degree preferred (MBA and/or PhD)
- Minimum of (5) years successful sales/business development experience including with specific roles in companion diagnostics, personalized medicine and/or oncology/pathology diagnostics.
- Prior successful accomplishments as the lead manager in selling oncology tests to community and academic oncologists.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50-75% of the time (international and domestic).
- Excellent project management and negotiation skills and experience.
- Analytical, with ability to assess business opportunities, however also an action oriented “driver” in order to drive the implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Efficient and effective communicating with partners and senior management.
- Results and goal oriented.
- Ability to thrive and flourish in an entrepreneurial early stage company environment that requires “hands-on” implementation, optimal use of limited resources and an ability to work closely with others in a small team setting.
- Open-minded, flexible and proactive.
- Highly organized and willing to analyze details.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Willingness and capability to “roll up one’s sleeves” in order to achieve goals.
- Ability to build strong relationships across a wide spectrum of internal and external parties.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
If you are interested, please forward your resume to Sheeno Thyparambil (email@example.com).