TITLE : Senior Scientist/Lead Scientist – Translational Research
DIVISION : R&D
REPORTS TO : Director, R&D & Principal Scientist
NeoImmuneTech, Inc. (NIT) is a U.S.-based company for the U.S. and European markets in collaboration with Korean-based Genexine. NIT is developing T-cell focused immunotherapeutic designed to prime, enhance and extend the activity of current and future therapies in cancer and infectious diseases. Our lead product, NT-I7,
a T cell growth factor, has the potential to amplify and prolong anti-tumor activity, which is pivotal to extending survival of cancer patients. NT-I7 is being studied in multiple clinical trials in solid tumors, and being planned for testing in hematologic malignancies, additional solid tumors and other immunology-focused indications.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The ideal candidate is a scientist expert in the filed of oncology or immunology who is passionate about expanding the frontiers of immune-oncology and delivering novel immunotherapies to cancer patients. In this role, the individual will be a pivotal contributor, helping NIT advance existing and emerging drug candidates into the clinic, and support the development and implementation of translational strategies.
• Design and execute studies to address key translational research questions, such as evaluate mechanism of action, rational drug combinations, new disease indications, and novel biomarkers in preclinical and translational research settings
• Develop and manage external collaborations with academic collaborators and contract research organizations
• Devise and implement Research and Development strategy to support NIT’s long-term growth
• Provide scientific expertise in cross-functional projects within the company
• Mentor 1-2 research associates
• PhD in immunology, oncology, biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields, or M.S. with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Previous industry experience in drug development in biotech or pharma setting
• Solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology.
• Expertise in biomarker development
• Expertise in in-vitro and in-vivo methods to characterize cancer and immune cell phenotype and function, such as cell culture, flow cytometry, western blot, ELSIA, preclinical tumor models, gene expression, next-generation sequencing, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence
• Highly motivated and able to work independently, able to work productively in a team environment and take ownership of multiple projects
• Well organized and demonstrated ability in preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with a problem-solving mind-set
• Reviewing and drafting clinical trial protocol or related documents is plus
- Job Application Contact: HR@neoimmunetech.com