Positions available in following specialty discipline:
- Microbiome Research and Development
- Clinical Genomics
Psomagen, Inc. is a genomic sequencing and data analysis company that offers advancements in translational research, precision medicine, biomedical research, and agricultural science. Psomagen is looking to further expand the capabilities in the healthcare space in addition to the current diagnostic kit and at-home testing kit for genetic traits and microbiome profiling in CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratories.
Through in-depth research and exploration within the field of genetics, Psomagen has identified the most effective techniques for DNA testing and stays updated on all of the latest updates in gene technology, regularly participating in major global research studies. Psomagen, Inc. was established in 2004 in Rockville, MD and has been working with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes of National Institutes of Health (NIH), Johns Hopkins University, and many research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe.
With the recent IPO listing via KOSDAQ, Psomagen is rapidly expanding research and product development capacity for genetic and microbiome test market both in direct-to-consumer and clinical space. We are looking for talents to join us during this exciting time of expansion.
- Strong domain knowledge in genomics, excellent programming skills, and experience applying that knowledge with next generation sequencing technologies
- To combine research in microbiology, medicine, health-related studies with information technology to develop strategic and tactical plan toward genetic testing product development
- To analyze shotgun metagenomic dataset from human-associated microbiome attributed to health and disease status
- Scientific collaborations with physicians and scientists for clinical studies
- Working closely with software developers to integrate research finding toward product development
- Must be highly motivated and have strong ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Minimum of three years of practical experience working in NGS technologies is preferred
- Good understanding of genomics, molecular biology, microbiology, and technologies such as microarray and next-generation sequencing
- Experience with variation analysis from next-generation sequencing data (Whole Genome Sequencing, Whole Exome Sequencing, RNA sequencing, 16S sequencing and Whole metagenome sequencing)
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to analyze, manage, interpret, visualize and illustrate scientific data
- Self-directed and highly adaptable and collaborative
- Ph.D. (or MS with 3+ years of relevant experience, or BS with 5+ years of relevant experience) in life sciences including computational biology, bioinformatics, and statistics
- Medical Technologist is strongly preferred
Contact: Jiwon Lee (email@example.com)