안녕하세요 NIH-KSA member 여러분,
오는 11월 9일에 NIH-KSA 주체로 개최되는 제 11회 생명과학/공학 학회에 여러분을 초대합니다.
아래 스케줄에 보시는 것과 같이, 저명하신 네 분의 연설과 NIH및 이 지역 과학자들의 새로운 연구 발표 (20 short talk) 이 있을 예정입니다.
작년과 달리 이번 년에는 우수한 Abstract/발표자는 임종식 박사상($500)과 더불어, 더 많은 분들께 Abstract Award상이 수여될 예정이니 , 여러분의 많은 참여 부탁드립니다.
Short talk 연자로 발표하고자 하시는 분들은 10월 6일까지 Abstract을 제출 하여 주시길 바랍니다!
Submit Abstract to: Dr. Jaewoo Choi, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time: Sat Nov 9th, 2019 (8:00AM-5:30pm)
Place: Univ, of MD, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology Research,
9600 Gudlesky Dr, Rockbille, MD, 20850
8:00-9:00 Registration and breakfast
9:00 Welcome remarks: NIH-KSA president
9:05 Welcome remarks: Korean embassy
9:10-10:00 Keynote Session I: Prof. Hongkun Park, Harvard University
Title: A Nanoscientist’s Journey to Biomedical Research
10:00-11:00 Bioscience Session I (5 short talks 10 min talk with 2 min Q & A)
11:00-11:10 Coffee break
11:10-12:10 Bioscience Session II (5 short talks, 10 min talk with 2 min Q & A)
12:10-1:30 Lunch (Table talk for career discussions)
- Sue Goo Rhee, NHLBI/NIH, Former distinguished professor of Ewha Womans Univ and Yonsei Univ and First National Honor Scientist of Korea
- Chan-Mo Park, Chancellor, PyongYang Univ. of Science and Technology, N. Korea and Former President of POSTECH
- Hee-Yong Kim, NIAAA/NIH, Chief, Laboratory of Molecular Signaling
- Eun-Suk Seo, Univ. of Maryland, Department of Physics.
- Luke Oh, President of Korean-American Professional Association in Life Sciences
- Namcheol Kim, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention
- Sang M. Chung, FDA
- Youngsul Jeong, USPTO
1:30-2:15 Keynote Session 2: Dr. John Schiller, NIH distinguished investigator, NCI/NIH
Title: HPV virus-like particles: Nature’s nanoparticles for prevention and treatment of cancer
2:15-3:15 Bioscience session III (5 short talks, 10 min talk with 2 min Q & A)
3:15-3:25 Coffee break
3:25-4:25 Bioengineering session I (5 talks, 10 min talk with 2 min Q & A)
Chair: Dr. Donghun Park, Univ. of Maryland
4:25-4:55 Keynote Session 3: Dr. Johng Shik Rhim, Former Associate director, Center for Prostate Disease Research, USUHS
Title: Advances in human cell models for the study of cancer: 50 years of human cell transformation
4:55-5:15 Special session: Dr. Chan-Mo Park, Chancellor, PyongYang Univ. of Science and Technology, N. Korea and Former President of POSTECH
Title: How computers changed my life
5:15-5:30 Awards and closing remarks
6:00 ABES dinner