Samsung Biologics America is recruiting a Cell Line Development Scientist to join our growing R&D team in South San Francisco. Samsung Biologics is a global CDMO leader (Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization) and an award-winning partner of biologics development and manufacturing.
We provide end-to-end solutions from cell line development, regulatory support, small & large scale manufacturing, drug product manufacturing, and laboratory testing services for the biopharmaceutical industry to meet the needs of the global healthcare industry.
Samsung Biologics America offers tremendous growth opportunities to our employees.
• The primary role is to generate biologics producing CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP manufacturing within project timelines
• Prepares cell line development and characterization reports as supporting documents for client projects
• Prepares project data for external clients and functions as a subject matter expert. The scientist is expected to participate in project meetings
• Participates or leads process optimization of current protocols and evaluates new technologies to improve platform technology and processes
• Detail-oriented laboratory skills with the ability to present scientific data
• Maintains good laboratory records and contributes to internal and external scientific discussions
• Minimum BS degree in biology, microbiology, or other bio-pharmaceutical-related majors
• Direct experience in CHO cell line development, optimization, and characterization is essential
• Understanding of upstream process development and cell banking
• Experience in gene manipulation and analytical skills is a plus
• Ability to work with global customer base supporting cell line development with molecules ranging with a high degree of complexity
• Knowledge in biological drug production and process development
• Competency in Microsoft Office suite
• Communication skills to share scientific data with clients
• A strong sense of team play is a must
For more information, please contact Dr. JaeB Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)